|Title of the article
PEDAGOGICAL CONDITIONS OF STUDENTS’ COMPETITIVENESS FORMATION AT A UNIVERSITY
Usmanov Viktor Vasil'evich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, vice rector for research, Penza State
University of Architecture and Construction (28 Titova street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Myagkova Valeriia Yurevna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of foreign languages and foreign languages teaching technique, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), Leraemail@example.com
Background. In the modern world integration processes of professional terms are present in almost every sphere of human activity, including the education system. In modern market conditions it has become possible and necessary to apply some economic terms to the process of future specialists training. One of such terms is competitiveness. The purpose of the research is to theoretically identify and experimentally validate pedagogical conditions of formation of students’ competitiveness at a university.
Materials and methods. The set research tasks were solved theoretically, as well as in the course of the experiment carried out in Penza State Technological University (on the basis of future engineers training). The research methods were theoretical (analysis, comparison, generalization, synthesis, classification, modeling); empirical (observation, questionnaires, interviews, testing, studying and summarizing of the advanced pedagogical experience of professional training of students, experiment); and mathematical (statistical data processing).
Results. The conducted theoretical research and experimental check allow to define pedagogical conditions, showing the effectiveness of formation of students’ competitiveness while teaching a foreign language: in the experimental group a number of students with a high level of competitiveness increased.
Conclusions. The pedagogical conditions, defined in the research, can also be applied to teaching of other disciplines at a university and can influence the growth of competitiveness of future university graduates.
competitiveness, English, pedagogical conditions.
|| Download PDF
1. Ganin E. A. Pedagogicheskie usloviya ispol'zovaniya sovremennykh informatsionnykh i kommunikatsionnykh tekhnologiy dlya samoobrazovaniya budushchikh uchiteley [Pedagogical conditions of using modern information and communicative technologies for self-education of future teachers]. Available at: http://www.ito.su/2003/VII/VII-0-1673.html.
2. Andreev V. I. Pedagogika: uchebnyy kurs dlya tvorcheskogo samorazvitiya [Pedagogy: training course for creative self-development]. Kazan: Tsentr innovatsionnykh tekhnologiy, 2000.
3. Nayn A. Ya. Pedagogika [Pedagogy]. 1995, no. 5, pp. 44–49.
4. Bolikova L. Yu., Bakanova M. V., Kuznetsova S. V., Safonova O. Yu. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University procee¬dings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2008, no. 3 (7), pp. 124–130.
5. Borovik G. A. Formirovanie kreativnosti studenta kolledzha kak sredstvo povysheniya ego konkurentosposobnosti: dis. kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.08 [Creativity formation in college students as a means of increasing their competitiveness]. Moscow, 2007, 207 p.
6. Zhmurov V. A. Bol'shaya entsiklopediya po psikhiatrii [Comprehensive psychiatric encyclopedia]. 2012. Available at: http://vocabulary.ru/dictionary/978
7. Gez N. I. Inostrannye yazyki v shkole [Foreign languages at school]. 1985, no. 2, pp. 17–24.
8. Myagkova V. Yu. Izvestiya Yuzhnogo federal'nogo universiteta. Pedagogicheskie nauki [Proceedings of South Federal University. Pedagogical sciences]. 2010, no. 4, pp. 124–130.
9. Rodzhers K. Vzglyad na psikhoterapiyu. Stanovlenie cheloveka [View of psychotherapy. Making up of a person]. Moscow: Progress, 1994, 479 p.